Get The Most Bank For Your Spa Buck
So how about stretching your dollar with a half day of spa relaxation for the cost of a 60-minute massage? With more than 3,000 members in 75 countries, the International SPA Association can help you find a spa experience to match your budget. “
If you’re ready to relax, these insider tips will keep you from stressing over costs at the spa:
1. Off is On: Book an appointment in the morning, mid-week and during the off-season. By beating the crowd you’ll score a spa deal.
2. Package Deal: Many spa directors report that packages are often discounted up to as much as 20 percent off the regular individual prices. With 70 percent of spas offering packages, these deals are easy to find.
3. Group Mentality: Bring your friends, family or co-workers and save. For example, you and your significant other will have no trouble finding a deal on a couples package as 46 percent of spas offer them.
4. Make a Day of It: Turn a 60-minute spa experience into a full day. Spas offer a wide range of complimentary amenities for you to enjoy, such as relaxation rooms, steam rooms, fitness centers, pools and healthy snacks and beverages.
5. Score Online: Besides often checking your favorite spa’s Web site for any new promotional postings, you should also sign up to be on the spa’s e-mail list.
6. Take It Home: Take the spa experience home by learning techniques from your treatment that you can practice in your daily life. Ask your therapist for pointers on stretches, breathing techniques and home remedies, as well as product recommendations. To find a spa experience that fits your needs, check out ISPA’s members by visiting the website.