Give a Spa for Christmas
Give the Gift of Relaxation at the Spa This Holiday Season
Can’t think of the perfect holiday gift? One present that never gets old is the gift of relaxation. Everyone from men to moms to teens can use a little stress reduction – it’s the number one reason why people worldwide go to the spa. Even if you have no idea which treatment to select there’s no need to worry because 72 percent of spas are offering gift card promotions (ISPA 2011 U.S. Spa Industry Study).
This year spas are helping to spread the gift of health and wellness by educating their guests on the benefits of a spa experience. “Spas give back year-round, but during the holidays many of them introduce special programs and incentives to encourage their guests to do the same,” said ISPA President Lynne McNees. “In fact, 96 percent of spas are connecting with their local communities by donating products and services, hosting charity benefits and holding open houses in their facilities.”
This year it’s easy to head to your local spa for gift-giving treatment options to cover everyone on your list. A sampling of ISPA members who are offering special packages for the holidays is included below:
• The Lodge at Woodloch, Hawley, Pa. – During the month of December enjoy the Holiday Merri-Mint Body Polish to get back your youthful glow. The 50-minute treatment begins with a sugar and crushed peppermint exfoliation, followed by a peppermint and white chocolate moisturizer. You’ll also enjoy a cup of gourmet hot cocoa, all for $120.
• Massage Envy, various locations – If you’re feeling the pain of post-holiday shopping, decorating and cooking then request a customized treatment to focus on your sore shoulders and upper back. It’s the perfect post-holiday treat to help relieve tension and pain. Rates begin as low as $39 for an introductory one-hour massage session.
• Qua Baths & Spas at Caesars Palace, Las Vegas, Nev. – The Holiday Toddy Mystic Journey begins with an agave nectar oil application along the spine, followed by a bourbon bubbler body scrub. A moisturizing application of peppery caramel body milk lotion is applied before being wrapped in a blanket of warm towels. The 75-minute treatment also includes a restorative facial to repair cell damage and concludes with a mini scalp treatment, all for $300.
• The Ritz-Carlton Lodge, Reynolds Plantation, Greensboro, Ga. – One treatment you won’t want to miss is the 80-minute Long Winter’s Nap. This hot stone massage uses a blend of essential oils to create a dream-like state, melting away stress and muscle tension. The $195 service concludes with a nap to enhance the repair process.
• The Spa at Norwich Inn, Norwich, Conn. – When you purchase a gift card for $250 you’ll receive a special gift set with the spa’s private-label products. Included in a beautifully packaged gold gift box is a Sugar Sweet Body Wash and Sugar Smoothie body Crème.
• The Spa at Terranea, Rancho Palos Verdes, Calif. – The scents of the holiday season make the $175 Deep Forest Holiday Treatment a welcome escape. This package includes a 30-minute bath and 30-minute massage using bath and body oil fragrances with rich notes of fir, pine, juniper, mandarin and bergamot.
• The Spa at The Hotel Hershey, Hershey, Pa. – The Holiday Season Sampler combines three treatments into one for $185. Guests begin the 80-minute treatment with a full body exfoliation, followed by a hydrating body wrap that incorporates spicy body butter. A massaging application of pure essential oils wraps up this seasonally inspired service.
For more holiday offerings and gift ideas contact ISPA for a complete list of spas and product companies offering packages and special deals.