Longevity Wellness Resort Defines Spa of Future with New Programs
Longevity Wellness Resort Monchique in Portugal’s Algarve region has defined the prototype of a new direction in travel – where vacation is not only about luxury but also health optimization through detoxification, weight loss, stress management and health rejuvenation – with the introduction of a new menu of programs created to enhance wellness and increase longevity.
Longevity Wellness Resort emphasizes health optimization as well as luxury.
“Longevity Wellness Resort is founded on the belief that vacations should go beyond just a luxury experience and be rooted in personal purpose and self-improvement,” said Chairman & CEO Nazir Sacoor. “Our programs empower people with practical tools and strategies to enhance one’s health and establish the path to a healthier, happier and longer life.”
The new programs offer non-rushed, genuine care, and are directed by medical doctors who are leading specialists in their fields. Guests have an array of choices: They select a program focusing on the specific area that is right for them, including anti-ageing, anti-stress, detox, weight loss, fitness or spa. And they then opt for either 2-4 night programs focusing on spa therapies, intensive 7-night programs honed in on a specific need such as reducing stress, or 14- and 29-night programs offering total rejuvenation that are the most in-depth in the spa world.
“We believe that purposeful vacations focusing on body and mind enhancement will become a growing travel trend going forward,” added Mr. Sacoor. “Our concept is in step with the increasing trend today toward living an all-around healthier lifestyle and maintaining good health, autonomy, and vitality because they are essential luxuries. With this better understanding of the health imbalances created by lifestyle pressures and stress, people are proactively investing in travel experiences where spa, sightseeing, gastronomy and health rebalancing are all available under one roof.”
The new programs at LWRM are personalized to the individual guest’s needs and aspirations. The goal, however, is the same for all guests: to optimize the wellness experience, regardless of whether guests are looking to make sustainable lifestyle changes or for brief visits several times a year for regular health tune-ups. This is achieved by determining the personal health status of guests through lifestyle-based medical consultations, tests and evaluations; drafting personalized treatments, services and solutions at the resort; then sending guests home with practical tools and strategies to manage their health more effectively.
While Longevity’s spearheading of personal-improvement travel sets the resort apart, guests also enjoy themselves at this inspired fusion of cutting-edge medical spa and luxurious holiday resort:
- Suite accommodations: the spacious and beautifully appointed suites include a large living room, kitchenette, private garden and terrace with stunning views of mountains and coast.
- Healthy gourmet cuisine: A perfect fusion of taste, art and well-being with a mouth-watering menu that is balanced, high in nutritional value and blends fresh regional ingredients with the culinary traditions of the Algarve.
- Day Spa: With an extensive selection of massages, treatments and therapies.
- Extensive guest facilities: A main outdoor pool heated in winter, an indoor heated pool, fitness center with state-of-the-art exercise and workout equipment, a variety of game and activity rooms, and three restaurants including signature Longevity Cuisine serving healthy gourmet cuisine, Longevity Spa Café for light poolside dining, and the Sports & Wellness Bar
- Beautiful location: In the tranquil mountain village of Monchique, in Portugal’s Algarve, amid a protected nature reserve with hiking trails, cork and pine forests, fields of lavender, numerous varieties of birds, a mild and healthy climate, pure fresh air and gorgeous coastal views.
- Wealth of activities: From bird watching, golf, Jeep Safaris, hiking, horseback riding and mountain biking in the Monchique area to all the nearby attractions of the vacation Mecca of the Algarve: from white-sand beaches, 34 golf courses, water parks, paragliding, cave exploration and surfing to shopping and historic towns and sites such as the Moorish city of Loulé and Sagres Fortress, the home of Prince Henry the Navigator.
The LWRM concept is founded on the belief that a wellness resort must be all about the individual’s personal goals, lifestyle and quality of life – and fulfilling physical and spiritual needs, from balancing and realigning to feeling and looking your best to living longer, healthier and happier.
Longevity programs offer a range of world-class wellness solutions that produce the best results when applied in synergy – from face and body spa therapies, personalized fitness, and a whole food diet that acts as natural medicine, to non-rushed medical consultations, osteopathy, yoga and ozonotherapy, to cutting-edge anti-ageing biochemical analysis.
This new program prototype is based on Longevity’s preventive anti-ageing medical approach, where multidisciplinary diagnosis, treatments and therapies help identify and correct health imbalances as early as possible so as to prevent chronic degeneration from developing. Anti-ageing medicine promotes regular health maintenance through detoxification, anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, nutrient-rich foods and supplements, high-quality oxygen, deep relaxation, hydration, sleep improvement, biophysical, biochemical and biostructural rebalancing, physical movement, and life enjoyment.
Faro International Airport is easily accessible. The 40-minute drive is through beautiful countryside; the resort provides transfers.
LWRM is the flagship resort of Longevity Wellness Worldwide (LWW), also based in Monchique. LWW is developing a global portfolio of leading wellness properties under the Longevity brand. It opened its first Longevity Spa in June 2012 at the Corinthia Hotel Lisbon.
Among the new programs at Longevity Wellness Resort Monchique are:
Weight Loss and Fitness: