New Year, New Resolutions for your Skin
New Year, New Skin Resolution
With the New Year comes the opportunity to make positive changes in your life — from getting more exercise to quitting bad habits. One healthy change you can make right now, one that will help you look and feel more beautiful in the year ahead is to take better care of your skin. Not only will taking care of your skin help keep it healthy and clean, but it will also help alleviate ugly skin problems like blemishes and wrinkles.
If having better skin seems like a New Year’s resolution you can actually keep, here are some ways to get gorgeously glowing skin in 2013.
The New Year begins in the winter, and winter skin needs extra care. Skin can become very dry, and dry skin can lead to fine lines and skin irritation. Because of this, you will want to make sure your beauty skin care routine includes adding moisture to your skin.
– Use A Moisturizer. While it is wise to use moisturizer year round, it is especially important to use a one in winter. Winter skin tends to become very dry, and dry skin leads to skin irritation and wrinkles. By using a moisturizer, you are adding the valuable moisture your skin needs to stay healthy.
– Don’t Skimp On Sunscreen. Skin needs sunscreen even in the winter. The sun can be extremely damaging to the skin no matter what season it is. Even on a cloudy winter day, up to 80% of UV rays reach the ground (http://www.aad.org/media-resources/stats-and-facts/prevention-and-care/sunscreens). If you truly want to protect your skin from the damaging rays of the sun, it is very important to wear sunscreen even in the winter months.
– Use An All-Natural Cleanser. If you want to keep your skin clean and refreshed during the winter months, here is a great all natural cleanser you can make yourself. This simple DIY scrub is based on the body treatment used at renowned SkA:nÁ: Spa in upstate New York. The really great thing about this DIY cleanser is that its ingredients stay on skin long after it is applied because it does not contain oils that wash it away.
Rosemary Sage Sea Salt Scrub (small batch):
– 1/4 cup granulated Sea Salt
– 1/2 teaspoon of finely crushed rosemary (dried)
– 1/2 teaspoon of finely crushed sage (dried)
– 1/2 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
– 1 1/2 tablespoon of coconut oil
Combine ingredients in a bowl. Mix ingredients until they form a paste. Add extra olive oil as necessary to create desired consistency.
If you want that clean start to 2013, begin with clean skin. Incorporate the above listed skin care techniques into your daily beauty routine. For the easiest way to take care of your skin in the winter so it will be beautiful all year round, simply wash with a rosemary sage sea salt scrub, apply moisturizer and be certain to wear sunscreen whenever you go outside. By keeping just this one New Year’s resolution, you can be certain you will look and feel beautiful each day of the year ahead.