Saint Lucia Health & Wellness Retreat, October 4 – 7, 2012
Saint Lucia hosts the second annual Health & Wellness Retreat October 4 – 7, 2012.
Leading experts, including actress and best-selling author Lindsay Wagner and Today Show nutrition and health expert Joy Bauer, will present wellness seminars, beachside fitness clinics, healthy cooking demonstrations and sunrise mediations at the upcoming Health and Wellness Retreat in Saint Lucia.
Support for Your Lifestyle Choices or Determine Your New Lifestyle Strategy
The Saint Lucia Health and Wellness Retreat will help participants support and develop their lifestyle choices and for those new to holistic living, determine a lifestyle strategy inspired by the stunning locale. All of this is supported by local and international experts in the realms of cuisine, alternative therapies and holistic living.
With ample time for relaxation, the four-day retreat will feature seminars, activities such as guided Rain Forest hikes, beachside massage therapy, Tai Chi and yoga instruction, and healthy cooking demonstrations. Also included are daily spa treatments at participating resorts, including the newly re-launched Body Holiday – Le Sport among others, as well as the opportunity to indulge in the natural therapeutic benefits of Soufriere’s mineral and mud baths.
The various activities will take place in locales across the picturesque island, from Pigeon Island National Park near the capital of Castries to the UNESCO World Heritage Pitons at the southern town of Soufriere.
Diverse Programs Will Be Lead by Renowned Experts in the Health and Wellness Field Including:
- Joy Bauer, nutrition and health expert for The Today Show will present her top ten tips for “Losing weight and keeping it off’” and share information on how to find the fountain of youth in your grocery cart.
- Lindsay Wagner, actress and best-selling co-author of The High Road to Health, will lead a sunrise group meditation and teach how to “Quiet the Mind & Open the Heart” by releasing thoughts, attitudes, and beliefs of negative emotions.
- John Schumacher, founder and director of Unity Woods Yoga Center and one of only 13 certified advanced lyengar yoga teachers in the U.S., will lead daily yoga sessions on the basic postures and breathing exercises that energize and center the body.
- Dr. Stephen Brewer, medical director at Canyon Ranch Health Resorts in Tucson, AZ, will speak about the “Optimal Wellness” -achieving health through exercise, nutrition, behavioral modification and mental awareness.
- Dani Devaux, creator of Blood, Sweat and Tears fitness program, will lead multiple sunset beach boot camps based on her high intensity interval training program, designed for all fitness levels.
Luxury Book in Saint Lucia Sets the Tone
Enjoy the ultimate in relaxation and rejuvenation. Book now through one of our participating partners:
The Landings, The Body Holiday Le Sport, Sandals Grande Beach Resort and Spa, Bay Gardens Beach Resort, Hotel Blu, Coco Palm, Fond Doux Plantation Resort and Anse Chastanet Resort/Jade Mountain.