Spa Lunch Debuts at The Umstead
Herons Debuts Spa Inspired Lunch at The Umstead
Herons, the signature restaurant at The Umstead Hotel and Spa has a new spa inspired prix fixe lunch, available daily. The Restore menu takes a whole foods approach to the freshest produce each season has to offer, in creative presentations designed to nourish all the senses.
Restore’s debut menu is full of hyper-local, wholesome spring delights, much of it fresh-picked from the nearby Culinary Farm at SAS Campus, where the focus is on organic and sustainable methods. Whether spa-goers prefer to dine pre- or post- spa treatment, Restore is the perfect complement to a complete day of wellness at The Umstead Spa.
The menu is available daily at lunch for $35 per person.
In addition to Restore, Executive Chef Steven Greene has given all of Herons’ menus a spring refresh. Among the highlights:
· Champagne-poached Kusshi oysters with lemon verbena ice and pancetta crumble
· Asparagus salad with coddled egg, parmesan, radish and petite lettuce
· Potato dumplings with lobster, fava beans, Honshimeji mushrooms, basil and garlic
· Carolina quail with apricot-lavender lacquer, Hakurei turnip, ramps and smoked bacon
· Lamb with polenta, pistachio, mint, coconut, granola, bergamot, and lamb jus
· Strawberries with elderflower blooms, blue corn cake, tarragon, and St. Germain sorbet
· Warm doughnuts with seasonal jam
For Herons reservations, call 919-447-4000.
About The Umstead Hotel and Spa
The Umstead Hotel and Spa is a singular property in North Carolina’s northeastern Piedmont region, an area rich in beauty and rooted in innovation. The state’s most highly rated hotel, it boasts stunning interiors punctuated with privately curated fine art, 150 spacious guest rooms and suites, world-class cuisine, a stimulating spa, gracious staff, and a serene woodland setting. The Umstead is a recipient of both the AAA Five Diamond award and Forbes Five Star rating. For more information, visit the website.