Summer Skin Care Tips
From Christie Ford, director of the Spa at The Homestead, we have 5 Summer Skin Tips to protect your skin during the summer months:
1. Wear Sunscreen – The skin’s number one culprit for aging is sunlight. Begin your day with a layer of sunscreen and reapply throughout as needed.
2. Exfoliate – Skin always looks more radiant and glowing when it has been freshly exfoliated. Be sure to use a product designed for the face as well as one designed especially for the body.
3. Hydrate from the Outside – Apply lots of moisturizer from head to toe to keep skin in its best condition. Wind, pool, and outdoor activities rob the skin of its natural moisture barrier so lather on the body butter.
4. Hydrate from the Inside –Laying by the pool may not appear strenuous but even the slightest glisten of perspiration calls for a glass of water. Be sure to drink plenty of fluids throughout your day to keep your skin supple and rejuvenated.
5. Wear Sunglasses – Constant squinting will only result in pesky little wrinkles around the eyes. Protect your eyes and prevent those wrinkles with sunglasses.
If you have an opportunity to visit the Spa at The Homestead, the Summer Radiance Facial can help give your skin an extra boost and a glowing complexion. Utilizing Vitamin C packed pineapple and mango, this facial is packed with vitamins and minerals for softening and hydrating. $155, 50 minutes.
The Spa at The Homestead offers a summer retreat that is historic and rejuvenating. Situated in the Allegheny Mountains in Hot Springs, Virginia, The Homestead is renowned for its naturally healing springs. The Jefferson Pools, named for the president who visited The Homestead in 1818, is listed on the National Register of Historic Places and is considered the oldest spa structure in America. The Pools contain crystal clear, mineral spring water that flows at a constant 98 degrees.