The Laniwai Spa at Aulani, a Disney Resort, Provides Complete Family Wellness
Aulani, a Disney Resort & Spa is located on the island of Oahu, in Hawaii. Along the beaches of Ko Olina, nestled between mountains and ocean, it is outside of the hustle and bustle of Waikiki, yet close enough to enjoy all the island has to offer.
The Laniwai Spa is a 18,000-square-foot full-service spa and wellness center featuring spa therapies, a variety of fitness options from group exercise classes to intense one-on-one training, and is home to the Kula Wai, a 5,000-square-foot outdoor hydrotherapy garden to enjoy before or after spa services that includes herbal pools, six unique “rain showers,” hot and cold whirlpools and plenty of outdoor relaxation areas. (Laniwai, meaning “freshwater heaven,” embraces the Hawaiian connection to nature and its waterfront location.)
Complete Family Wellness: Aulani was voted this year’s “Top Hotel for Families in the United States” by the readers of Travel + Leisure and is one of the only true, luxury family wellness retreats that offers spa, relaxation and spectacular Hawaiian experiences for ages newborn and up. Laniwai offers 15 treatment rooms including a couple’s room and The ‘Ohana a treatment room designed for 3 to 6 family members.
DIY at the SPA: Visitors to Laniwai can create a personalized body polish at the spa’s Pulu Bar, an outdoor mixology station. Pulu means “to make soft, soak, and moisten” and at the Pulu Bar, guests customize a luxurious scrub to make their skin silky smooth—complimentary with any full-service spa treatment. With the help of a knowledgeable spa assistant, guests start building their body polish from soothing, natural ingredients found on the islands.
Laniwai Spa Treats: To keep guests energized, Laniwai offers delicious spa treats for the whole family, including:
- Herbal Mamaki tea paired with mini zucchini carrot muffins topped with a macaroon
- Organic, antioxidant guava fruits and assorted gummy bears that aid digestion
- Chocolate covered blueberries, yogurt covered pretzels, and fresh fruit
Fitness: Trainers provide a wide variety of workouts catered to athletes of all levels, as well as beachside workouts that the entire family can enjoy, including ocean-Flow yoga, boot camps, and Palm Tree TRX workouts. Each of these workouts can be tailored for optimal impact, whether they are intended as a fun, family activity, or to keep travelers in tip-top shape. New fitness offerings include:
- Paddle Fitness: Paddle boards are set up indoors, so no need for swimwear, but be ready to increase your strength, balance, coordination and conditioning as instructors guide you through a complete workout as you balance and ‘paddle’ your way through class.
- Disney Group Spin: If you enjoy spin classes at home, then you’ll love Group Spinning at Aulani. Not only is this fitness class a great workout for experts, it’s a perfect introduction for beginners! No matter your experience level, Laniwai promises you’ll feel the burn after this class.
For more information, visit the website.