Tips for Hydrating Dry Winter Skin
Winter can be cruel to skin, but Cornelia Zicu, Chief Creative Officer at Red Door Spas offers tips to hydrate and revive winter-weary skin.
– Keep in mind, your skincare regimen should remain consistent for at least a few months to give the products you use time to generate and show their desired results. The skin regeneration cycle lasts 28 days, and the skin needs at least three consecutive cycles to show any kind of improvement.
– Change your pillow cover every 3 days to make sure you’re sleeping on fresh sheets so no oil build-up occurs.
– Add a humidifier to your bedroom to replenish moisture to the air which heaters/radiators deplete. You will see dramatic results to your skin.
– Solid sleep is critical for beautiful skin. Apply an essential oil lavender mist to your pillow each night to help you ease into a more sound slumber.
– Every season affects our skin in its own special way, and extreme temperatures can actually make certain skin condition worse.
– Sunscreen should be year-round. Apply sunscreen at least 30 minutes before you leave for the day and look for one formulated with antioxidants to protect against free radical damage
– Wear sunglasses. Skin around the eye area is very delicate and does not have oil glands to protect it. If it’s a sunny winter day or as we head into spring, sunglasses can protect against fine lines forming from squinting at the sun
– Don’t ignore your hands or lips. Treat them as you would your face. Protect against chapped skin with ultra-moisturizing hand cream and invest in a high quality and lasting lip balm.